Saturday, January 28, 2012

Learning to Cook...

This is not a cooking blog.  If it was, anyone who read this blog would be highly disappointed.  BUT, I did make a pretty edible dinner the other night and thought it was worth mentioning.  


First, I have to admit that back in my single girl days I survived on Lean Cuisines and Special K. But now I have a man to feed.  And apparently they cannot survive on cereal or microwavable meals.  


So, I have officially decided to step it up in the cooking department!  This past Sunday we invited my parents over to join us for dinner.  I tried out the Pioneer Woman’s Grilled Chicken with Lemon Basil Pasta and it was… good!  My dad even had seconds = )  It wasn’t perfect,  but I will go ahead and chalk it up as a win.  The best part of the meal was definitely the wine, conversation and brownies and ice-cream my Mom brought for dessert.   As for my skills in the kitchen, there is always room for improvement... P.S. I am always looking for a good EASY recipe, so if you've got any please send them my way!







3 comments:

  1. I've made that lemon basil pasta before! Had kinda the same reactions... good but not great! But most of her other recipes have been very well received! Try her Penne A La Betsy sometime! It's amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you! I will have to give it a try. We live on pasta so I'm always looking for a good recipe!

      Delete